Cheat's Cherry Bakewell
You will need:
- 6 ready made individual sweet shortcrust pastry cases
- 6 tsp Cartwright & Butler Black Cherry Preserve
- 90g softened butter
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 110g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- To make the frangipane beat the butter, sugar and ground almond together, add the egg and beat until pale and creamy. Transfer the mixture to the fridge and chill.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 150C.
- Place the pastry cased on a lined banking sheet, add a heaped tsp of the black cherry preserve to each case, take the frangipane mix from the fridge and add a heaped tbsp of mix to each case, be careful not to overfill.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once browned and golden.