Gin Cured Salmon Salad
You will need:
- 500g salmon fillet
- 40g flaked sea salt
- 40g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp coriander seeds lightly crushed
- 20g dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Darjeeling Infused Parlour Gin
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Wholegrain Mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Cartwright & Butler Acacia Honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10g dill finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
To make the Gin Cured Salmon Salad:
- In a small food processor combine the salt, sugar, coriander seeds, dill and lemon zest, grind until you have a bright green salt cure drizzle the gin into the cure.
- Lay the salmon onto a small baking tray and pat dry, spoon over the salt cure and press all over the surface of the salmon. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge overnight or up to two days (the longer the better).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Remove the salmon from the fridge, rinse off the salt cure under the tap and pat the fillet dry. Place onto a clean baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing whisk together the mustard, lemon juice and honey until emulsified then slowly drizzle in the olive oil whisking until combined. Add the dill and seasoning and stir through to combine.
- To assemble the salad arrange the watercress and beetroot on a large serving platter, flake over the salmon and spoon over the dressing.