Raspberry Mint Cooler
You will need:
Muslin cloth or very fine sieve
1 heaped tbsp caster sugar
1lt cloudy lemonade
Handful of raspberries
To make the cooler:
1. Sprinkle the loose tea into a saucepan along with the caster sugar.
2. Pour in 200ml water and place over a gentle heat. Heat the water to a gentle simmer.
3. When the sugar has dissolved, add the raspberries and continue to gently cook for a further 5 minutes until the raspberries fully break down.
4. Pass the raspberry and mint mixture through a muslin cloth, discarding of the raspberry and mint tea pulp.
5. Using a funnel, pour the syrup into a sterilised, resealable bottle and store in the fridge until ready to use.
6. When serving, mix half the syrup with 1lt cloudy lemonade, crushed ice and fresh raspberries and mint - this will make approximately 8 servings.
7. Reseal the bottle and store the remaining syrup in the fridge for 7 days.
Note: For an alcoholic version, this works well with clear spirits such as vodka and gin.