Raspberry & Ricotta Pancakes
You will need:
- 150g plain flour
- 225g tub of ricotta
- 190ml whole milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 20g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler
- Raspberry Preserve
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, jam and vanilla in a separate, larger mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Beat the egg whites with a handheld electric mixer until stiff. Stir a small spoon of the egg whites into the pancake batter to lighten the batter, then fold in the remaining whites with a metal spoon.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan over medium heat. Melt a small amount of butter in the pan, just enough to coat the surface of the pan. Add a small ladle of batter to the pan. Cook the pancakes for around 3 or 4 minutes, until the undersides are golden and you see a few bubbles popping through the pancakes. Flip the pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes immediately, with fresh raspberries, yogurt and Cartwright & Butler Raspberry Preserve.