Rose, Mascarpone & Orange Sharing Pavlova
You will need:
6 egg whites
300g caster sugar
100g double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 orange, cut into half moons
100g fresh raspberries
2 tbsp chopped pistachios
1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries, optional
To make the pavlova:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/gas 2.
2. In a very clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
3. Still whisking, gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely combined - the mixture should form stiff peaks, be bright white and glossy.
4. Spread the meringue out evenly on a large, lined baking tray in a rectangular shape.
5. Place in the oven and gently bake for 60 - 75 minutes.
6. When the meringue is ready it should appear off-white in colour, have a few cracks, crispy on the outside but still a little gooey on the inside. Leave to completely cool.
7. Whilst the meringue is baking, make the mascarpone cream. Gently whisk the cream and icing sugar to soft peaks.
8. Spoon in the mascarpone and continue to gently whisk until the two creams have combined.
9. Warm the rose jelly gently in the microwave to loosen (otherwise stir in a tablespoon of boiling water).
10. Once the meringue has completely cooled, assemble the pavlova.
11. Place the meringue on a large serving platter.
12. Spoon on the mascarpone cream followed by a drizzle of the loosened rose jelly.
13. Scatter over the raspberries, mint leaves, pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries if using.
14. Finish with another drizzle of rose jelly and serve.