Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder Spring Salad
You will need:
- 2kg bone-in shoulder of lamb
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler English Mustard
- 4 garlic gloves crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small bunch of thyme leaves picked
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 150ml white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp Cartwright & Butler Mint Sauce
- Mixed leaves
- Lightly steamed asparagus
- Freshly podded peas
- Finely sliced spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 150ÅãC. Whisk together the mustard, crushed garlic, lemon juice and zest, thyme leaves and olive oil together, season well.
- Slice the carrots and onions and spread across the base of a roasting tin, place the lamb shoulder on top of the vegetables. Use a small knife and create small incisions all over the lamb shoulder. Massage the marinade into the lamb.
- Pour the white wine and chicken stock around the base of the lamb, cover with foil and transfer to the oven to cook for 5 hours checking occasionally that the tin isn’t dry (add a splash more water if needed).
- Remove lamb to a board (reserve tin), cover the lamb with foil and leave to rest for 30 mins - 1hr.
- To make the dressing, skim fat from the tin, depending on how much liquid you have left, you may want to reduce the liquid down, you should have around 150ml stir through the mint sauce and warm gently.
- Shred the lamb using two forks, to serve arrange the leaves, asparagus, peas, spring onion and lamb onto a large serving platter, and spoon over the warm dressing.