Spiced Winter Tea Loaf
You will need:
- 200g sultanas
- 150g raisins
- 100g dried figs, chopped
- 150ml Cartwright & Butler
- Spiced Winter Tea
- 175g dark brown sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp milk
To make the tea loaf:
- Soak dried fruit in tea overnight.
- The next day, drain the fruit, but do not discard the leftover tea.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/fan, 140ºC/gas 5.
- In a bowl, mix the soaked fruit, sugar, flour, egg and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf cake tin, cover with foil and bake for up to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool down in a tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling tray, make holes with a skewer and pour over the leftover tea.