Cook: 25 minutes
You will need
- 6 ready made individual sweet shortcrust pastry cases
- 6 tsp Cartwright & Butler Black Cherry Preserve
- 90g softened butter
- 90g golden caster sugar
- 110g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Cheat's Cherry Bakewell
1) To make the frangipane beat the butter, sugar and ground almond together, add the egg and beat until pale and creamy. Transfer the mixture to the fridge and chill.
2) Meanwhile preheat the oven to 150C.
3) Place the pastry cased on a lined banking sheet, add a heaped tsp of the black cherry preserve to each case, take the frangipane mix from the fridge and add a heaped tbsp of mix to each case, be careful not to overfill.
4) Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake for a further 15 minutes.
5) Remove from the oven once browned and golden.