You will need
- 2 fillets of Salmon with skin on
Earl Grey Poached Salmon
The invigorating flavours of Ceylon tea combined with the citrusy notes of bergamot in our classic Earl Grey add a subtle twist to this poached salmon recipe. Perfect for a healthy new year’s kick or a light summer evening supper.
You will need to prepare the tea before cooking the salmon, ideally the day before to ensure the flavours are fully steeped.
- Add the boiling water, tea bags, the juice from 1 lemon and the sugar to a heat proof jug and allow to steep (ideally for overnight and for a minimum of 10 minutes)
- Remove the tea bags and add the tea to a deep sided frying pan. Bring to a gentle simmer over a low heat
- Poach the salmon for 8-10 minutes, skin side down
- Remove the salmon and place onto a paper towel
Serve with lemon wedges and a salad of your choice.