Cook: 15 minutes
You will need
- Shortcrust pastry sheets 2 x 320g
- Plain flour for dusting
- Mincemeat 411g
- 1 Orange Zested
- Caster Sugar 25g
- Ground cinnamon 1tsp
- Icing sugar to serve
Festive Mince Pie Twists
Nothing screams Christmas like a traditional Mince Pie. But what if you wanted to shake it up on Christmas morning? Something sweet and savoury to start the day is just the up-lift everyone needs!
1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180/gas 5. Carefully unroll the Jus-Rol ready rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheets and use the greaseproof paper that comes with the pastry to line two large baking trays.
2. Place on pastry sheet on the lightly floured worksurface and spread the mincemeat layer of English Breakfast Marmalade over it, spreading all the way to the edges and place the remaining pastry sheet on top.
3. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the pastry evenly. Use your hands to gently press the sugar mixture evenly into the pastry.
4. Cut the pastry into 16 equal-sized strips and twist each one by holding both ends. Put on the baking trays and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool. When ready to eat, sieve over the icing sugar.