You will need
- 150g of filo pastry
- 50g of butter melted
- 300g of goat's cheese crumbled
- 5 rashers of cooked bacon diced
- 1 red apple diced
- 50g of left over Cartwright & Butler Christmas Pudding
- 40g of chopped walnuts
- Handful of chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbsp of Cartwright & Butler Honey
Goat's Cheese and Christmas Pudding Canapés
An unusual duo of goat's cheese and Cartwright & Butler Christmas Pudding are combined to create the perfect bites for a Christmas gathering.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 24 pan muffin tray with the melted butter.
- Cut the filo pastry into roughly 4x4cm squares, and add the squares into the muffin tray, brushing each layer with melted butter. Repeat this 3 times for each muffin case so that there are 3 layers of pastry in each.
- Mix the goat's cheese, bacon, Christmas Pudding, apple, chopped walnuts and rosemary in a large bowl, thn season to taste.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into each filo case and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with fig, apple, pea shoots and a drizzle of Cartwright & Butler Honey to serve.
Once you've devoured these delicious canapes, if you want something sweet to finish it off, you're sure to find something in our range of festive Christmas hampers.