Cook: 30 minutes
You will need
- Daisy cookie cutter
- Small round cookie cutter
- Piping bag
- 250g of soft unsalted butter
- 160g of caster sugar
- 1 free range egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 350g of plain flour
- For the buttercream:
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 200g of icing sugar
- 1tsp of vanilla essence
- For assembly:
- 1 jar of Cartwright & Butler Strawberry Preserve
- 1 jar of Cartwright & Butler Lemon Curd
Lemon Curd & Strawberry Preserve Daisy Biscuits
Classic summer flavours sandwiched between delectable buttery biscuits. The ideal addition to any summer picnic.
To make the biscuits
- First, cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg followed by the flour and stir the ingredients well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 and knead each ball for 30 seconds on a floured surface to bring the dough together.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 5.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to 1cm thick on a well-floured surface.
- Using the daisy cutter, cut out 18 daisy shapes and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes until equally golden in colour - the biscuits will crisp up when cool.
- Repeat the process with the second ball of dough but this time use the small round cutter to remove a central piece from each daisy. Bake again for 10 - 12 minutes until golden. Allow all the cookies to cool fully.
- Whilst the cookies are cooling make the buttercream.
- Cream together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spoon into a piping bag ready for assembly.
- When ready to assemble, pipe a ring on buttercream on the 18 daisies with NO holes.
- Spoon a little curd or jam into the centre of the buttercream ring.
- Place the daisy cookies with the holes on top, gently sandwiching the two sides together.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to finish.