Cook: 2.5 hours
You will need
- 3kg gammon, skin on
- Handful of cloves
- 75g Cartwright & Butler Fine Cut Marmalade
- 45g Cartwright & Butler Acacia Honey
- 1 orange, juice & zest
Marmalade & Honey Glazed Gammon
To make the Gammon:
1) Place the gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Place on the hob and bring to the boil. Once boiling, tip away the water and refill the pan with fresh water.
2) Bring the pan to the boil again and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer the gammon for 2.5 hours. Discard the water and set the gammon aside to cool slightly.
3) Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan, 180ºC/gas 6.
4) When cool enough to touch, gently remove a layer of skin from the joint and discard. Using a knife score the fat in a diamond pattern being careful not to cut into the meat. Stud the corners of each triangle with a clove.
5) Place the joint on a foil-lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
6) In the meantime make the glaze. In a jug, warm the marmalade to loosen. Once melted, whisk in the honey and the orange juice and zest.
7) Remove the joint from the oven, brush the whole joint with the glaze reserving a quarter of the mixture. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
8) When the glaze is starting to caramelise, remove the joint from the oven. Pour over the remaining glaze, wrap in foil and rest for 10 minutes.
9) Thinly slice and either serve warm with potatoes and vegetables or allow to cool fully and serve as part of a cold festive buffet.