Cook: 1 / 1 1/2 hours
You will need
- 4 large egg whites
- 115g caster sugar
- 115g icing sugar
- For the cream:
- 300g double cream
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 heaped tbsp Cartwright & Butler 75% Fruit Orange Marmalad
Pavlova Nests with Orange Cream
To prepare the pavlovas:
1) Pipe the meringue mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, leaving a small well in the centre of each one.
2) Bake for 1¼ to 1½ hours, until they are crisp at the bottom and lift off the paper easily.
3) To make the orange cream, mix the double cream, mascarpone and sugar until thick, but do not overmix. Gently fold in the marmalade.
4) When the meringues have cooled completely, add a generous spoonful of the orange cream and decorate with blackberries, orange zest and crushed hazelnuts.