Honey, Chilli & Soy Salmon with Mango Salsa
You will need:
Side of salmon, approximately 600g
3 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Honey
75ml light soy
1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp sesame seeds
For the mango salsa:
1 mango, finely diced
1/2 small red onion
1 tsp fresh chilli or chilli flakes
1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
To make the dish:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
2. Place the salmon skin side down on a large, lined baking tray. In a separate bowl combine the honey soy and chilli flakes. Finely grate in the lime zest followed by the lime juice.
3. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the marinade collecting around the edge of the baking tray.
4. Whilst the salmon is cooking, make the salsa. In a bowl combine the diced mango, red onion and chilli flakes.
5. Grate in the zest of the lime followed by the juice.
6. Sprinkle in the coriander, season to taste.
7. Set aside until ready to serve.
8. Once the salmon is cooked through but still flakey, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and transfer carefully to a serving plate.
10. Generously spoon over the mango salsa and finish with a little more coriander.
This recipe can also be left to cool and served at room temperature.