Marmalade Steamed Pudding
You will need:
- 150g soft white breadcrumbs
- 60g golden caster sugar
- 30g self-raising flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 120g unsalted butter (plus extra from greasing)
- Cartwright & Butler Season's Pick Orange Marmalade
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 litre pudding bowl or Pyrex bowl
To make the pudding:
- Grease a 1 litre pudding bowl with butter and dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
- Put the breadcrumbs, caster sugar and flour into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and 8 tbsp of the marmalade in a small pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until frothy.
- Pour the cooled butter and marmalade mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the egg mixture until combined.
- Put 4 tbsp of marmalade into the bottom of the pudding basin.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in 1 tbsp of cold water and stir through the pudding, pour the mixture into the pudding basin. Cover with a lid or two layer of cling film.
- Place in a sauce pan and pour boiling water half way up the pudding basin, cover with a lid and steam over a gentle heat for 2 hours.
- To serve run a knife around the edge of the pudding, place a serving plate on top and arefully invert to turn out onto the plate.
- Warm an additional couple of tablespoons of marmalade and pour over the pudding before serving with lightly whipped cream or custard.