Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Cartwright & Butler’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owners of the website who are Moordale Foods Ltd whose registered office is Unicorn House, Broad Lane, Gilberdyke, HU15 2TS, United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or may be a criminal offence. We reserve the right to commence legal proceedings against you where we deem it to be necessary.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
By law we cannot sell products containing alcohol to persons under the age of 18. Proof of ID may be requested. By placing an order with us it is confirmation that you are of legal age. It is illegal to buy restricted products if you are under age or for someone else who is under age.
Some of the items available for purchase from this website contain intoxicating liquor. When you place an order for an alcoholic product using this website you confirm that you are aged 18 or over. You also confirm that you are not buying such items for someone else who is under age.
Any orders placed with us either online or through our customer service telephone lines are subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined.
From time to time we may need to substitute an item within your order. Where possible our customer service team will contact you to advise. However, during busy periods this may not be possible. If we do need to substitute an item, we will ensure it is of equal or greater value than the one originally ordered. In the event that the substituted product is not suitable please contact our customer service team within 7 days of receiving your item and an exchange or refund will be granted.
How To Make Payment
You must make full payment of your order before we dispatch the goods. We do not accept cash or cheques via the website or telephone. Please do not send payment details via email or fax as we are unable to guarantee the security of such methods of communication.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any point. All prices displayed on the website or in any printed marketing material include VAT, which is applied at the applicable rate.
If there is a pricing error, we are not obliged to honour orders. However, we will contact you to advise and issue a refund.
We reserve the right to change packaging, specifications, and descriptions without notice. We always strive to keep all product images and information current and up to date. However, there may be occasions where the website/brochure displays older images and information. If the product you purchase is unsatisfactory due to this, please contact our Customer Service Team.
You can send a gift card with your order if you wish. Please note there is a maximum character count of 200. We cannot accept images, emoticons, or special characters. Once your order has been placed, we are unfortunately unable to change the gift message applied.
Please note that customers are only permitted to use one promotional code per order. Any orders where promotional codes have been ‘stacked’ may be cancelled.
All Food and Drinks Items
Please note that some of our fresh products may have a short expiry date. Consequently, we are unfortunately unable to accept returns of such items. Therefore, these items are excluded from your statutory rights to return items.
Cancellations and Returns
If you wish to cancel your order, we will strive to stop it being despatched. However, this may not always be possible. Once your order has been despatched, we are unable to cancel it.
You have the right to cancel or return your order within 14 days of receipt. Return charges are the responsibility of the customer.
Items exempt from return are:
Perishable goods with a short expiry date
Items where the seal has been broken
Please contact our customer service team to cancel an order or to organise a return.