Cook: 10 minutes
You will need
- 1 small knob of butter
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 150ml red wine
- 40g gravy granules
- 2 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Cranberry Sauce
Red Wine & Cranberry Gravy
To make the gravy:
1) In a pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and gently fry the onion for 3 - 4 minutes until soft. Add the dried mixed herbs and fry for a further 30 seconds.
2) Pour in the red wine and allow the alcohol to cook off for 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the granules quickly followed by 1 pint of boiling water, whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
3) Once the gravy is smooth and glossy, add the cranberry sauce to sweeten. Continue to whisk to dissolve the cranberry sauce into the gravy.
4) Serve immediately.