Darjeeling Gin & Lime Mousse
You will need:
- 4 eggs
- 140g golden caster sugar (plus 1 tbsp sugar for the egg whites)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 100ml lime juice
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler
- Darjeeling Infused Parlour Gin
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 200ml double cream
- Separate the 4 eggs. Add the yolks, caster sugar and lime zest to a bowl and beat together until pale, thick and creamy.
- Mix the gin and lime juice together, sprinkle over the gelatine and warm gently to dissolve.
- Add this to the egg yolk mixture.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to peaks and then add a tbsp of caster sugar and whisk to stiff peaks. Stir a small spoon of the egg whites into the mixture to lighten it, then gradually and gently fold the remaining egg whites into the egg mixture using a metal spoon.
- Whisk the double cream to gentle peaks and then fold this gently into the egg mixture.
- Decant into serving glasses or bowls and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Top with some additional zest.