Marmalade & Honey Glazed Gammon
You will need:
- 3kg gammon, skin on
- Handful of cloves
- 75g Cartwright & Butler
- Fine Cut Marmalade
- 45g Cartwright & Butler
- Acacia Honey
- 1 orange, juice & zest
To make the Gammon:
- Place the gammon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Place on the hob and bring to
- the boil. Once boiling, tip away the water and refill the pan with fresh water.
- Bring the pan to the boil again and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer the gammon for 2.5 hours. Discard the water and set the gammon aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan, 180ºC/gas 6.
- When cool enough to touch, gently remove a layer of skin from the joint and discard. Using a knife score the fat in a diamond pattern being careful not to cut into the meat. Stud the corners of each triangle with a clove.
- Place the joint on a foil-lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime make the glaze. In a jug, warm the marmalade to loosen. Once melted, whisk in the honey and the orange juice and zest.
- Remove the joint from the oven, brush the whole joint with the glaze reserving a quarter of the mixture. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- When the glaze is starting to caramelise, remove the joint from the oven. Pour over the remaining glaze, wrap in foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice and either serve warm with potatoes and vegetables or allow to cool fully and serve as part of a cold festive buffet.