Cook: 25 minutes
You will need
- 250g of butter
- 275g of dark chocolate (we recommend 65% to 70% cocoa solids)
- 250g of sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 225g of plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 175g of Cartwright & Butler Belgian Chocolate Fudge, roughly chopped
- 50g of white chocolate
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Cartwright & Butler fudge is made the old-fashioned way, with just a few simple, yet delicious ingredients. And, whilst it’s rare that a whole packet will remain untouched long enough for you to use it for baking, it does make for a delicious addition to our brownie recipe. Easy-to-make, it’s perfect for a special treat.
To make the Brownies
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C for fan assisted ovens / Gas Mark 4 and grease a square baking tin (23cm x 23cm).
- Melt the butter and chocolate and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or electric hand mixer, mix the eggs and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, salt and melted chocolate and butter mix.
- Slowly stir in the flour, sifting as you go.
- Add the fudge pieces to the mixture and stir through.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before tipping out and cutting into serving size piece.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie / water bath and drizzle over each brownie.
Top Tip: present your brownies in a food grade cellophane bag with your choice of ribbon and personal message card for the ultimate homemade gift.