Cook: 10 Minutes
You will need
- 4 traditional crepes or pancakes
- 4 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Fine Cut Breakfast Marmalade
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier (optional)
- 25g chilled butter, cubed
- Icing sugar, to dust
Zing up your crepes or pancakes in a morning with this traditional Crepe Suzette recipe. This recipe uses our Fine Cut Breakfast Marmalade and creates a fresh & irresistibly sweet taste. Alternatively, this would be a firm family favourite for pancake day.
1. Make your crepes and keep to the side. Or to reduce time buy readymade pancakes.
2. In a medium frying pan add 4 tbsp of your favourite Cartwright & Butler Marmalade with the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp of cold water and the Grand Marnier (if using).
3. Heat gently until the marmalade has melted and the mixture is gently bubbling and turns golden brown in colour.
4. Reduce the heat and add the add the butter cubes one at a time until the citrusy marmalade mixture looks glossy.
5.Fold your crepes into quarters and slide them into the pan with the mixture. Spoon the sauce of the crepes and heat through for a further minute or two.
6. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar. For a touch of indulgence add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.