Cook: 5 minutes
You will need
- 1 Jar of Cartwright & Butler Baked Sweet Chilli Mixed Nuts
- 165g peeled and uncooked shrimp (about 15-16)
- 1 tbsp garlic granules or powder
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
- Avocado, lime & coriander for the plate
- Sweet chilli sauce for dipping
Crispy & Golden Sweet Chilli Shrimp
Gemma Sokol (@GemTakesFoodPics) has collaborated with us at Cartwright & Butler to create this delicious Sweet Chilli Shrimp recipe using our sweet chilli mixed nuts. Check out the recipe below..
"I had to get my hands on them! Not only do we snack, but I also like to use their products in my cooking as they are high quality and always taste exceptional. I’ve used these sweet chilli nuts and chopped them finely to be used to crust these crispy fried shrimp! Perfectly paired with some creamy avocado, a squeeze of lime and chopped coriander on top. Delicious and ready in under 10 minutes! Perfect weeknight, weekday, or anytime meal."
- In a chopper, knife, or with a rolling pin and a ziplock bag, finely chop your nuts until they are about panko breadcrumb size.
- Whisk your egg and pop into a bowl. In another bowl, combine your garlic, breadcrumbs and nuts together and stir until thoroughly mixed. One at a time, dunk each shrimp into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. There should be enough breadcrumbs to double coat if you want to make the shrimp extra crispy. You may need a second egg if you want to do this.
- Once all your shrimp are coated, simply heat your oil in a frying pan (about 2cm oil) until you can drop a breadcrumb in and it floats to the top while bubbling. Then gently place the shrimp into the pan (I recommend doing two batches so as not to overcrowd the pan) and fry for 30-45 seconds on each side or until the breadcrumb and nut-crumb outer is golden brown and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- When ready, pop onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve immediately with your avocado, slices of lime and chopped coriander. Have your sweet chilli sauce at the ready!