You will need
- 4 eggs
- 140g golden caster sugar (plus 1 tbsp sugar for the egg whites)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 100ml lime juice
- 1 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Darjeeling Infused Parlour Gin
- 1 tsp powdered gelatine
- 200ml double cream
Darjeeling Gin & Lime Mousse
1) Separate the 4 eggs. Add the yolks, caster sugar and lime zest to a bowl and beat together until pale, thick and creamy.
2) Mix the gin and lime juice together, sprinkle over the gelatine and warm gently to dissolve.
3) Add this to the egg yolk mixture.
4) In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to peaks and then add a tbsp of caster sugar and whisk to stiff peaks. Stir a small spoon of the egg whites into the mixture to lighten it, then gradually and gently fold the remaining egg whites into the egg mixture using a metal spoon.
5) Whisk the double cream to gentle peaks and then fold this gently into the egg mixture.
6) Decant into serving glasses or bowls and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
7) Top with some additional zest.