Cook: 5 minutes
You will need
- 500ml Tub of ready-made chilled vanilla custard
- 100g Dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 400g C&B Triple Chocolate Chunk biscuits
- 4 x Generous tablespoons of C&B Black Cherry preserve
- 300g Double cream
- 200ml Crème fraîche
- 25g Icing sugar
- Grated chocolate & fresh cherries, to decorate
Festive Black Forest Trifle
A fantastically fun and traditional Black Forrest Trifle. Made with our deliciously chocolatey triple chocolate chunk biscuits and our super sweet and rich Black Cherry Preserve.
- Put the custard in a pan with the chocolate pieces. Gently heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the custard. Cover and leave to cool.
- Arrange the Triple Chocolate Biscuits in the base of a trifle bowl. Add a generous scoop of Black Cherry preserve over the crushed biscuits and spread evenly.
- Spoon the cooled chocolate custard over ad transfer to the fridge to chill while you make the topping.
- Lightly whip the cream with the crème fraîche and icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, pile the whipped cream mixture on top of the trifle and decorate with the grated chocolate and fresh cherries.