Cook: 30 minutes
You will need
- Side of salmon, approximately 600g
- 3 tbsp Cartwright & Butler Honey
- 75ml light soy
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- For the mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tsp fresh chilli or chilli flakes
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Honey, Chilli & Soy Salmon with Mango Salsa
Light, fresh and delicious. Ideal for your summer lunches and dining al fresco.
To make the dish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Place the salmon skin side down on a large, lined baking tray. In a separate bowl combine the honey soy and chilli flakes. Finely grate in the lime zest followed by the lime juice.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the marinade collecting around the edge of the baking tray.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, make the salsa. In a bowl combine the diced mango, red onion and chilli flakes.
- Grate in the zest of the lime followed by the juice.
- Sprinkle in the coriander, season to taste.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once the salmon is cooked through but still flakey, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and transfer carefully to a serving plate.
- Generously spoon over the mango salsa and finish with a little more coriander.