Cook: 45 minutes
You will need
- 2lb loaf tin (approx. 2.5 x 11 x 7cm), greased and lined
- 150g of unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g of caster sugar
- 180g ground almonds
- 85g of fine polenta
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 Lemon
- For the lemon syrup:
- 2 tbsp of Cartwright & Butler Lemon Curd
- 25ml boiling water
- For the ricotta topping:
- 150ml of double cream
- 1 tbsp of icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 250g of ricotta cheese
- 100g of fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp of Cartwright & Butler Lemon Curd
Lemon & Raspberry Polenta Cake
The tart raspberries and zesty lemons make this light and wonderful cake extra delicious.
To make the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the almonds, polenta, baking powder and eggs until all the ingredients are well combined and a thick batter has formed.
- Finely grate in the zest of the lemon along with the juice.
- Whisk together all the ingredients before pouring into the pre-greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Loosen the lemon curd with boiling water to create a lemon syrup.
- Using a thin skewer, over the syrup allowing to soak in.
- When the cake is completely cool, carefully remove from the tin and place on a serving plate.
- Make the ricotta topping by whipping together the cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence to soft peaks.
- Gradually fold in the ricotta to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, generously spoon the ricotta mixture on top of the cake.
- Scatter with raspberries and drizzle on the lemon curd (gentle warm in the microwave to loosen).