Cook: 2 hours
You will need
- 150g soft white breadcrumbs
- 60g golden caster sugar
- 30g self-raising flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 120g unsalted butter (plus extra from greasing)
- Cartwright & Butler Season's Pick Orange Marmalade
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 litre pudding bowl or Pyrex bowl
Marmalade Steamed Pudding
To make the pudding:
1) Grease a 1 litre pudding bowl with butter and dust with flour, tapping out any excess.
2) Put the breadcrumbs, caster sugar and flour into a large bowl.
3) Melt the butter and 8 tbsp of the marmalade in a small pan and set aside.
4) Whisk the eggs until frothy.
5) Pour the cooled butter and marmalade mixture in with the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the egg mixture until combined.
6) Put 4 tbsp of marmalade into the bottom of the pudding basin.
7) Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in 1 tbsp of cold water and stir through the pudding, pour the mixture into the pudding basin. Cover with a lid or two layer of cling film.
8) Place in a sauce pan and pour boiling water half way up the pudding basin, cover with a lid and steam over a gentle heat for 2 hours.
9) To serve run a knife around the edge of the pudding, place a serving plate on top and arefully invert to turn out onto the plate.
10) Warm an additional couple of tablespoons of marmalade and pour over the pudding before serving with lightly whipped cream or custard.