Cook: 30 minutes
You will need
- 600g Cartwright & Butler Stem Ginger Biscuits, crushed
- 180g unsalted butter, melted
- 250ml double cream
- 250g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 sachet vegetarian gelatine, approximately 6.5g
- 600g soft cream cheese
- 1 jar Cartwright & Butler Strawberry Preserve
- 8 strawberries
Strawberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
A delicious combination of smooth, creamy white chocolate and sweet strawberry preserve on a spiced, buttery biscuit base.
To make the squares
- In a bowl combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter until the crumbs are totally coated.
- Tip the biscuit mixture into the foil tray and press firmly filling the whole tray equally.
- Place the biscuit base in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the double cream, 200g chocolate and the vanilla into a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Warm the mixture over a gentle heat until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Sprinkle in the sachet of vegetarian gelatine, whisk to combine then remove from the heat to cool a little.
- Once cooled, pour in the white chocolate and cream mixture, whisking continuously to create a glossy, creamy mixture.
- Remove the firm base from the fridge and spoon on the jam.
- Using a pallet knife or the back of a spoon, spread the jam equally over the biscuit base.
- Carefully pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the jam layer being careful not to disturb the jam too much - these should be distinct layers when the cheesecake is finally cut.
- Smooth the cheesecake mixture evenly over the base before returning to the fridge to set for a further 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Just before serving, slice the strawberries in half to create 16 pieces.
- Carefully melt the remaining 50g white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle the strawberries with the melted chocolate and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- When ready to serve, run a warmed knife around the edge of the tray to release the cheesecake.
- Using a cleaned knife on every stroke, slice the cheesecake into 16 equal portions.
- Using scissors cut the foil trail at the corners and once along the straight edges.
- Peel the foil sides back and using a spatula, transfer the cheesecake squares onto a serving board or plate.
- Top each square with one of the white chocolate drizzled strawberry halves to finish.