Black Cherry & Truffle Cake
You will need:
- 225g butter
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 175g self raising flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp coffee essence
- 50g ground almonds
- 100ml milk
- 4tbsp of Cartwright & Butler Black Cherry Preserve
- 500g mascarpone
- 200g icing sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 100ml Brandy
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- Assorted Cartwright & Butler chocolates, truffles and biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line three 7” inch tins with parchment .
- Cream the butter, sugar and coffee essence together.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat all together.
- Add the ground almonds, milk and mix well.
- Divide into the 3 tins and bake for 30 minutes and allow to cook.
- Mix mascarpone, icing sugar, cocoa powder, brandy and melted chocolate all together to make the icing.
- Spread a 1/3 of the icing on the bottom sponge and drizzle 2tbsp of Cartwright & Butler Black Cherry Preserve. Layer the second sponge and repeat.
- Finish with the last bit of icing on the top sponge and decorate with a selection of your favourite Cartwright & Butler chocolates, truffles and biscuits.