Strawberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
You will need:
Foil tray, 330 x 260 x 45mm
600g Cartwright & Butler Stem Ginger Biscuits, crushed
180g unsalted butter, melted
250ml double cream
250g white chocolate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 sachet vegetarian gelatine, approximately 6.5g
600g soft cream cheese
To make the squares:
1. In a bowl combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter until the crumbs are totally coated.
2. Tip the biscuit mixture into the foil tray and press firmly filling the whole tray equally.
3. Place the biscuit base in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, pour the double cream, 200g chocolate and the vanilla into a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
5. Warm the mixture over a gentle heat until the chocolate has completely melted.
6. Sprinkle in the sachet of vegetarian gelatine, whisk to combine then remove from the heat to cool a little.
7. Once cooled, pour in the white chocolate and cream mixture, whisking continuously to create a glossy, creamy mixture.
8. Remove the firm base from the fridge and spoon on the jam.
9. Using a pallet knife or the back of a spoon, spread the jam equally over the biscuit base.
10. Carefully pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the jam layer being careful not to disturb the jam too much - these should be distinct layers when the cheesecake is finally cut.
11. Smooth the cheesecake mixture evenly over the base before returning to the fridge to set for a further 4 hours or ideally overnight.
12. Just before serving, slice the strawberries in half to create 16 pieces.
13. Carefully melt the remaining 50g white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
14. Drizzle the strawberries with the melted chocolate and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
15. When ready to serve, run a warmed knife around the edge of the tray to release the cheesecake.
16. Using a cleaned knife on every stroke, slice the cheesecake into 16 equal portions.
17. Using scissors cut the foil trail at the corners and once along the straight edges.
18. Peel the foil sides back and using a spatula, transfer the cheesecake squares onto a serving board or plate.
19. Top each square with one of the white chocolate drizzled strawberry halves to finish.