Whipped Goats Cheese Biscuit Sandwich Canapés
You will need:
A piping bag
250g soft goats cheese
3 - 4 tbsp milk or cream
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs such as chives and parsley
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 cooked beetroot
1 pack Cartwright & Butler Cheese Biscuits
To make the canapés:
1. In a bowl whisk together the goats cheese and milk (or cream).
2. Sprinkle in the herbs along with a pinch of salt and pepper and combine all the ingredients together.
3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and set aside whils you prepare the beetroot.
4. Cut the beetroot into thin slices. Cut into half moon shapes the same size as a cheese biscuit.
5. Place slices on kitchen roll to absorb excess beetroot juice.
6. When ready to assemble, pipe half the biscuits with a layer of whipped goats cheese.
7. Top the sandwich together with another biscuit.
8. Repeat this process until all the biscuits have been used.
9. Any leftover cheese can be served on a cheese board.